Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Words of Wisdom and Tid Bits of Daily Life...

Remember always that you are just a visitor here, a traveler passing through. Your stay is but short and the moment of your departure unknown.

None can live without toil and a craft that provides your needs is a blessing indeed. But if you toil without rest, fatigue and weariness will overtake you and you will be denied the joy that comes from labor’s end.

Speak quietly and kindly and be nor forward with either opinions or advice. If you talk much this will make you deaf to what others say and you should know that there are few so wise that they can not learn from others.

Be near when help is needed but far when praise and thanks are being offered.

Take small account of might , wealth and fame, for they soon pass and are forgotten. Instead nurture love within you and strive to be a friend to all.

Truly compassion is a balm for many wounds.

Treasure silence when you find it. While being mindful of your duties, set time aside to be alone with yourself.

Cast off pretence and self-deception and see yourself as you really are.
Be of good cheer and with this understanding, summon strength and walk on.

Faith is like a lamp and wisdom it is that makes the flame burn bright. Carry this lamp always and in good time the darkness will yield and you will abide in light.


This was written by Buddha. I know I will be adding a copy of it to my Inspiration Journal.

Since our break from school, I have been doing a bit of sewing for Doodlebug and Doodlebug has been having a blast with summer activities. It is so good to see her enjoying her summer so.

Below is a photo of a little country girl top that I made. She is really into wanting to dress like a country girl these days.


I am still intending on adding an applique of a chicken to the bib top and making a little pair of ruffled leg capri pants to go along with it. I think I will add a farm animal to it too. She loves it and it fits pretty good. I made it from a McCall's pattern that I had not used before. I was not pleased with the pattern. I had to make quiet a lot of adjustments. I will be adding a note card to that pattern envelope with all adjustments needed so, that won't be a problem again.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer and also too, I hope all the dads have a wonderful Father's Day!

Blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...