Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Signs of a Fading Summer

There are signs of fall quickly approaching all around. We noticed a few days ago, the ivy in the woods already turning red. Leaves on the Birch are fading quickly to yellow and some already brown. There are small but, very fresh autumn squash popping up at the produce market. Summer will be gone before we know it. I am looking forward to the cozy energy that fall brings. Also, I am looking forward to some steamy mugs of hot tea and butternut squash soup.
   "Education is not filling a pail but the lighting of a fire."
            ~William Butler Yeats 

Today was the start of our homeschool year. Though it was a very long day, we accomplished so much and Doodlebug seemed very excited. She easily moved back into her lessons. I was so proud of her effort. I am in great hopes her enthusiasm will continue; although, I know every day will not be like this. There will be those days, I am sure we will both long for the energy and excitement of day one but, we will look forward to the days that new doors will be opened and unexplored topics arise to capture our interests. It was truly uplifting to hear her ask this evening if it would be alright if she were to do another math lesson in her Teaching Textbooks.

I am very excited and feel blessed to have this time to spend with her exploring and learning. I am learning so much myself. I am grateful each day for our time together. She is such a sweet child and getting to be a part of her education is such a gift. I know I will forever be grateful to God for this stage in my life and this time with Doodles.




I would love to take a few minutes to share with you, photos from history day in our town but, I am exhausted. Our day starts early and I do think my blogging will slow since the start of our lessons. I will try and post a new blog this weekend and share a bit about our week and also photos from history day. 

Many blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...