Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Holiday Thoughts...

With Thanksgiving coming up on Thursday, I have been thinking about what the makings of a perfect holiday must consist of for me. I have learned in my forty nine years here on earth that, a perfect holiday isn’t about the fixings. It isn’t about that recipe that has been tried, tested and family approved. Although, deviled eggs are a must at every holiday meal for our group and they like them just with the right amount of mao and mustard.

For me, it isn’t about setting the scene; however, I do love to decorate. I think the ingredients for the perfect holiday are, family coming together with an open heart, a willingness to share their hearts with family and friends and genuine love for one another. When those ingredients are present, love lends way to the most blessed of days, filled with smiles, words of appreciation for one another and laughter. Hearts can be restored through our kind words and loving attitudes on these blessed days.

I know I cannot control the attitudes of those who place their feet under our table and say grace with us each holiday but, I can pray each time that our holidays will consists of some of these ingredients. I also can make sure that my heart is open with a willingness to share, engage and be present in the moment, even if I over cook the turkey. I will have to fill you in on my orange Christmas ham sometime. I am still trying to live that down but that is a whole other story.

Many blessings and I hope you all have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...