Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Read across America day is today, March 2nd. Today at school, the kids were allowed to wear their pj's and they get to listen to books being read to them all day. It is to be a truly relaxing and fun day.
I wanted to add to my gal's fun by making her a very special pair of pjs. I made her a pair of THING 2 pjs. It was pretty easy. I basically just painted her shirt with acrylic paints mixed with fabric medium and stitched her a pair of pants out of red fleece. I was a bit stumped when it came to the blue fuzzy wig until a walk through Hobby Lobby provided me all that I needed to make this whole outfit come together as well as finding the materials for the wig. I made the wig out of a baby's jersey knit skull cap and blue boas. It took longer to stitch those boas down than it did to make the rest of the outfit.

My gal really loved how it turned out. I was so glad. Hope you like the photos. I am looking forward to hearing about how her silly fun day went. I can't wait till she gets home.


Silly Thing 1 & Thing 2 socks were a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...