Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Sharing My Comfort Kids Pattern



These are going to be really sweet for your little ones. This pattern is free to download. Comfort Kids are really easy to make. Recycle some of those favorite adult and children’s clothing and bring a smile to your child or any child. Comfort Kids can be embellished with buttons, laces, ribbons and what ever your imagination can come up with. Comfort Kids also can be made for babies and toddlers by painting on faces and hair with safe, non-toxic fabric paint. Always remember, safety first and keep in mind the age of the youngster that you are making a doll for.

The idea for Comfort Kids came to me and I wanted to design a bright, cheery doll to bring security and comfort to all children who have one. There great for every little one who needs a special pal to play with and snuggle with.

As you can see, it takes very little in the way of supplies to make one of these dolls and that's what makes it such a low cost project for any group. This pattern is free to download but is copyrighted it NOT for resale or republication of any type or to be reposted any other website without permission. Feel free to copy it to share among your organization that may be working together to create things for children in need. Feel free to use them for any type of organization that is creating them to “give” to a child. If you need printed or packaged copies email me and let me know about your group and maybe I can help you out there as well, so we can get started bringing comfort to many children in need.

When it comes to printing off the pattern, please keep in mind that you will need leagal size paper to print on. The pattern was designed to help me save when it came time to go to the printers so, I designed the pattern on an 8 1/2 x 14 format. I guess if you didn't have legal paper, you could do some paper piecing. Hope you enjoy.

You can download my free pattern (here)

*Please Note: I would love to see your creations and hear what your groups are doing. If you do download and make a few Comfort Kids, please don't forget to send me a photo or two and show off your creativity. I would love to hear from you.

Supplies needed:
1/3 yard of muslin.
Old clothes or small amounts of fabric for clothes. Old t-shirt knits and babies clothing works awesome.
Fabric paint black or permanent markers.
Poly fiber stuffing.
Curly yarn for hair.
Powder blush.

2 comments:

  1. These are just so cute. Thanks for your kind words on my blog, i'll be continuing to check your blog out. Love it

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this! I am totally going to attempt! my little lady just got into the "doll stage" ..i'll link to you when I have the finished product! (heres to hoping it comes out looking SOMETHING like yours, lol!)
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...