Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Busy But Fun Week!


On Monday Doddlebug had a wonderful treat, she was out of school and her great granny was here for a visit. After being patient with us old gals at the fabric store, we took her to the park. She played for a little while. She is still getting over a respiratory infection and didn’t have as much energy as usual but she still had fun. I think her great granny had fun too. They love spending time together. After we left the park, we went for lunch and ice cream. It was a good day. We were all pretty tired in the evening.


Yesterday, I had a chance to sew a bit and to get to use my new little Singer serger more. I love that little machine. With my mom being up for a visit for Easter, we started a little project for her and made her a lady bug table cloth. She loved sewing with the serger and I think she may get her one before too long.

My time spent sewing yesterday was fun and productive. I made a couple of t-shirt dresses and a pair of shorts for my little gal. She seen them today and loved them. I told her when she had time to try them all on and let me take photos of her in them; she could take them home and start wearing them. Hopefully, we will get to do that soon.

After a little tweaking and measuring Doodlebug several times, I came up with a couple of good basic patterns to work with. I drew them out on poster board because I plan on making many of these over time. My first pattern was drawn out on the backside of Christmas wrapping paper and ripped after making my first dress. I love the idea of using old knit shirts for reworking them into other useable items. I am going to be making shopping bags from t-shirts next. Now I do look at people’s t-shirts and think…”hum, I bet I could…”

My daughter just dropped off a bag of t-shirts a bit ago and I can’t wait to go through them and see what is there. She has all of her friends passing on t-shirts to me now too. Yeah! I appreciate each one too.

Below are a few of my first few dresses. I think I will just keep rolling on these and see what happens. They are great fun to make. I will be posting some of the other creations that I come up with using t-shirts. I do have a few ideas and can't wait to try them out.

2 comments:

  1. Those are too cute! I love them. My daughter would love to wear stuff like that. It has a fun feel but is still girlie! I might have to try that. But I will have to borrow my moms sewing machine. Those sergers are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joy. They are fun. My granddaughter loves them because of comfort and she thinks their fun. I do make a little pair of shorts for her to wear underneath each one. We never know when she will feel the need to do a cart wheel or hang upside down from something. She loves girly things but still love to have good tomboy fun.
    Hope you do get to make a few. I would love to see what you come up with. They are very fun to make...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...