Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

A Few New Creations

A little dress that I made this evening out of some thrift knits and a little yardage. It is a size 6X


On the way to school one morning last week, Doodle Bug and I designed this dress.

She wanted it for a bathing suit cover up and I tried very hard to duplicate what she was seeing in her head. I made her this little racer back dress and it was more time consuming than I had thought but fun. She hasn't seen it yet and I do think I am going to turn it into a mulit media dress before it is all said and done. I think I want to fabric paint a few little shells on the beach. I also thought adding a few surf splashes to the waves might be fun and for sure, the sky needs a few clouds. I will post another photo of it after the fabric painting is done.

Below are a couple of little dresses made from thrift knits that I picked up at a yard sell over the weekend. I did have the Good and Plenty candy T. Using another smaller dress and a section of a bright pink T, I created the little 3T/4T with the flowers. I used the tail of the dress and a sliced section and added to the Good and Plenty T to create this little fun play dress. It is size 7. I think Doodle Bug will like this one.


Now I need to get busy and spend a little time working on patterns and sizing. I have a few ideas I would like to try out for someone a little smaller than Doodles. I think I will have her to help me design it too. I am really excited to see she seems to be into helping design some of the dresses and she had really been wanting to try out Mamaw's sewing machine. We decided for her kindergarten graduation gift to get her a Hello Kitty Janome sewing machine.


She will be thrilled to have her own machine. I have tons of little easy sewing projects for her to get her started. I recieved an email today that said it had shipped so, it will be hard to put it away until graduation day. I don't know if I will be able to wait.

Now I need to get busy sorting some knits and getting ready to do some screen printing. We will have fun with this next screen printing day. We will be screen printing aliens. I found a piece of very cute and colorful knit and we are printing our one eyed alien design on the tops. It should be cute. I know it will be fun.

Blessings & Hugs All!

4 comments:

  1. The dresses are so cute. Love the little Janome sewing machine for Doodlebug. I know she will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so awesome. I am still going to try making a dress for my daughter from one of my tshirts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gals! I appreciate your input as well. If you have some ideas for me, I would love to hear them.

    Joy, you should. I am sure your daughter would love it. Seeing what she comes up with too could be great fun. Design one together. I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear how the little machine works. My Zizza wished for one of her own for Christmas but I couldn't find anything that would sew reliably.
    I love the beach dress by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...