Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Screen Printing Fun


Yesterday we spent a several hours screen printing on old t-shirt knit. It will be turned into upcycled dresses and shorts for the kids. I thought I would be on my own with the project but as it turned out, the gals thought it looked like fun and they really got into it. I think I may invite them over again when I have more to do.



Screen printing is great fun. I think next time we do a bit of printing, I will print watermellon slices and strawberries. With summer coming, I have summer fruits on my mind. I can't wait to get some time now to turn our screen prints into a few outfits. It is such fun. I am trying to come up with a few new patterns and I going to make shopping bags out of t-shirts as well. I have a great idea for that one.

The yard is calling and needs much attention too so, I will be doing some outdoor work in the next few days too but I think right now I would much rather be sewing.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. I love it when the kids get excited about helping out with stuff like that. It gives them a since of pride when wearing it. I used to be able to sew and now I just can't do it. I love doing crafty things but have slowed down quite a bit. Some crafts can get expensive. I hope you have a great Easter and make sure to show the finished projects in some photo blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...