Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.

Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.  ~Sam Keen

I chuckled to myself when I read this quote the other day. Oh what a true statement. In the spring time, it seems there are so many outdoor chores to be done. Cleaning up the leaves and sticks from the yard that fell in the winter months, pulling weeds from flower beds and gardens and what seems to be endless mowing of grass just determined to grow and grow.  In the spring time, I wonder if I will ever get it all done. One way or another, the work seems to eventually get done. I set back, take a look around and feel the ah of being caught up.

 As the heat of the summer sets in and the grass slows down a bit, the garden is planted, the flower beds looking great and we’re waiting for veggies to grow and harvest, it does seem like everyone is slowing down a bit or certainly wanting to. I think at some point it is a necessity to take a deep breath and allow a bit of respectable laziness to find one’s self by the deep summer; even if it is for an afternoon. After all, it won’t be long until storing up some of your veggies for the winter months and readying the young ones for school will be consuming your time by the summer’s end. So, deep summer bring on the respectability of a lazy spent day here and there. I’m ready! 



My favorite way to spend a lazy summer day is to spend it in nature. It is a way to restore my energy, mind and heart. 


I hope you all find time to have a respectable lazy summer day without the guilt. Have a slice of watermelon and a glass of ice tea. Prop your feet up and just listen to the birds and the kids laughing, playing and enjoy your summer day.  Breath!!! It is wonderful to be alive.


Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...