Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fall, Football and Pretzels...

Our Little Vols Cheerleader from 2004





With the upcoming first game of the football season Saturday, I started thinking about fall, weekends wearing, orange and white, Go Vols! and all the things that make fall so special.  So, I decided to try out a homemade pretzel recipe. I have always wanted to learn to make pretzels and ran across a simple recipe and decided to give it a go this evening.








They turned out wonderful. I have 14 enormously large pretzels in individual bags in the freezer. Papaw and I each had to try one. The recipe made 16 but, if I had rolled them out much thinner than it called for, we would have had many more. Don't they look delicious? Well trust me, they are. Will be keeping those tucked away in that freezer until our son brings over a few buddies for an afternoon of hanging out cause, the Lord knows, we don't need them.



I topped a couple off with sea salt. Papaw suggested trying a sweet glaze topping, like that pretzel place in the mall has on some of theirs. I may try making a bit of a sweet glaze for him next month, when we thaw one out to share. I think we may need to wait a month before indulging and having another.

If you want to try making your own, here's a great recipe on the food network <--click there for their website. This is the recipe that I used.

Here's a warning, do not make these unless you have some serious company coming over, a big tailgate party your heading out to, or room in the freezer to put a few away for later. Next time I make them, I think I am going to try using a bit of whole wheat flour. It will be interesting to see how those would make up.







Until next time, blessing to you all and have a wonderful holiday weekend...    GO VOLS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...