Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Bit of Baking for The Four Legged Grandchild...



The past few days, I have had the pleasure of hanging out and baby sitting my four legged grandchild. I ran out of milk bones and I am sure he was grateful. Especially, when I baked him up a batch of homemade treats. Milk bones are not his favorite treat.





I didn't take photos as I made the dough and I just kind winged it and used ingredients that I knew he would like. The recipe basically it is as follows.

3 cups of whole wheat flour
2 cups of rolled oats
3 eggs
1 ½ cups of peanut butter
1 cup applesauce
2 Tablespoons of molasses

First I blended the eggs, peanut butter and applesauce in the mixer on low speed. I then added the flour a cup at a time. Once the flour was incorporated, I then added the oats. I tossed an extra tablespoon or two of flour and oats into the mix because the dough was still a bit too damp. I then added the molasses and let the dough mix for a good minute or so. I then rolled the dough in balls.

Here you can see our fellow is a big guy so, I rolled them about ping pong ball size then flattened them a bit with a fork. I baked them in the oven for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees. The recipe yield will vary to the size of treats you make. Making them as I did, it made about 2 dozen treats.





I sent some home with him, when it was time for him to go. When he came back to visit the next day, he went straight to his cookie jar on the counter. I do believe he really liked them and I enjoy baking them for him too. He is such a great dog!

Many Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...