Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Welcome Spring

As much as we are looking forward to spring, it brings such devastating storms. It is almost as if, we spend so much time just wishing spring would come and go quickly. Prayers go out to all of the folks west and to the north of us that has been tragically affected by the spring storms. I so hope we all transition easily into spring and summer. Many of blog posts I have read,  folks are worried that in many places, spring seems to be coming somewhat early. I know many folks are concerned about their plants and fruit trees that are already budding. I have heard so many folks in our area talk about the weather this year reminding them of the weather in 1993, when there was a blizzard. As much as I do think that may be fun, I do hope that does not happen this year. We are  looking forward to spring and have been enjoying beautiful, sun shiny days. I am already looking forward to weeding flower beds and getting ready to spruce things up around here.

I think we are turning the curve with the family health issues. I feel so blessed, Papaw's mom is doing so well and quickly recovering from her surgery. Papaw too, is getting better by the day. This past week has been trying, busy and even a bit nervy just waiting for his body to heal. Today was the first day that he has been showing signs of getting back to his old self, joking around and seemly feeling better. It is like we all had a deep sigh of relief today, when he started with his jokes and seeing him smile again. It has been a long trying winter with illness. I, in the past usually enjoy winter. I can honestly say, I am looking forward to spring and summer, even if it means endless hours on the tractor.

We are excited about plowing and planting a garden this year. We are also in hopes that we will be able to sure up and add some new fencing and build a shed so that we will be able to get a couple of goats before long. I do hope fencing prices do not continue to climb and we can afford the poles and fencing material at least to get a good start.

I do hope you all are enjoying your early days of spring. I wish you all blessings for a calm, storm free spring.

Many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...